Pages

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Song 2

This is my second Blogger song.
It's called Then Comes the Rain

Verse 1:
The hurt inside's too much to bare.
The burden on my shoulders is just too strong.
This drought we're in could be the end of me.
Because I just can't take the calm.

Chorus:
This drought is so calm I can't even sleep.
It's so quiet, all that is heard is the cracking of my heart.
When the rain comes I'll be whole again,
with that part of me that dried up with the drought.

Verse 2:
This drought is just too heavy,
the burning in my heart, I can't take it.
I need something to quench my thirst.

Verse 3:
So when the rain comes, I'll be returned
with a new found light to brighten the darkest nights
with You in my heart.

Repeat Chorus 1x
Bridge:
When my soul is awakened and I find all that I am,
when the hole inside disappears,
then comes the rain, then comes the rain.

Verse 4:
The hurt inside's too much to bare.
The burden on his shoulders is just too strong.
This drought we're in could be the end of him.
Because he just can't take the calm.



This song is talking about a time in my life where I walked away from Christ. I became a christian when I was 5 years old, but when I turned 7 my parents got divorced. I turned my back on Him because I couldn't believe how He could just let something like that happen. But in the roughly 5 year time span, I could feel something missing. There was a thirst that was there and when I was 12 years old, I reentered my relationship with God. Since then I have never felt that thirst and now I know that He is always here, watching over all of us, making sure that everything in our lives goes as planned and keeping us safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment